Long term analysis is a practice which includes the collection of historical information and help businesses to recognize pattern or trends. Long-term analysis is used to create a static stream and analyse that data for longer period of data.
Long term analysis allows a user to do the following things:
- Aggregation of data over longer period
- Aggregation between multiple streams
- Generate new stream by using attributes from the input stream
- To identify patterns in input data
- To refer one input stream data by other stream
Here are the steps you can follow for long term analysis:
1. Create a new stream by providing a name to it.
2. Click on +Add Attribute. A window will appear where you need to select a stream which can be used as an output stream.
3. The list of attributes that are associated with the selected stream will appear at the bottom of the window which are color-coded according their data type.
4. Click Next.
5. You will now need to add the attributes for the selected output stream. Provide the attribute name, attribute type, and whether or not you want them to be indexed. Add additional attributes if required > Click Next.
6. Choose the input stream and the define an operation on its attributes. You can either choose the input stream attributes or the output stream attributes on which you want to apply the operation. Click Close.
7. Click Done.
Once you have completed the steps, you will be directed to the Streams Page in the Customize feature where you can view the stream on which long-term analysis will be done.