What is Business Process management?
Business Process Management in simple terms is the way a company manages and improves business processes. This can be a discipline in which people use various methods to discover, model, analyze, optimize, improvise, automate business processes in any combination. This process can be structured and repeatable or unstructured and variable.
Why is Business Process Management important?
Unmanaged and chaotic processes in business may lead to time waste, more errors, increased blame, lack of data and demoralized employees. Hence applying BPM can improve the processes and helps the operations run optimally in all aspects.
How is BPM performed?
Implementation of BPM involves 5 phases:
- Deciding on the goals beforehand
- Obtaining Buy-in from Up and Down the Organization chart
- Selecting BPM software with care
- Monitoring and measuring after the BPM implementation
- Keep improvising the process metrics continually